I have been very short tempered this past week. Actually, that’s not entirely accurate. I am actually VERY patient when it comes to my temper, but I really don’t know how else to explain. Maybe the term “irritable” would be a better descriptor. Let’s roll with that…..I’ve been exceptionally IRRITABLE lately. I have no good excuse, so don’t even ask, however I have been making a pointed attempt at acknowledging my poor attitude and doing my best to keep from letting my mood affect those around me. Hasn’t worked like a charm, but I’ve noticed I’ve made some better choices lately than I typically would when I’m being grumpy or overly-emotional.
Seriously. What the hell am I talking about? After reading that paragraph I would have opted out of the rest of this blog. No one cares about my moods or how I deal with them. Eff that noise, I’ll move on to what I had originally intended on blogging about. Things that make me HAPPY. I’m going to keep this short and sweet and just list a few things that I dig. The whole point that I’ve been trying to make is that focusing on things that make me HAPPY have really helped me lose the bad attitude. So here goes…..
- Fudge-cicles. I just discovered 90 calorie fudge-cicles at Costco and they’re so tasty delicious.
- When I come downstairs to see Tayler lying on the couch and she’s in some retarded looking shape completely passed out as if she was drunk = Instant smile.
- The 6-4-3 double-play….with authority.
- When my sister calls me but I answer and it’s my nephew who says “Hi Aunt Daena”.
- Getting a compliment on the color of my toe nail polish
- Being surprised or unexpectedly thought of with a simple text or invitation somewhere.
- Fantasy Football is near….very near
- Carl’s Jr. Commercials
- Nailing a drum solo on Guitar Hero
- Having an apple a day
- Hilarious tweets
- Having a friend call me on the phone and TELL me to vent. Now that’s a good friend.
- Wednesday and Thursday mornings with the guys
- Hazelnut creamer = Glorious.
- Moral support
- Direct TV gets installed this weekend with the NFL Package
- Being called out on something- Yes, I like that….when it’s valid.
- Street Sweeper Social Club
- Being told I make the room smell better
- Introducing friends to friends
- Strawberries. Strawberries. Strawberries.
- Having lunch with a friend and a real conversation
- Angels Games
- Wearing Pumas instead of heels on weekends
- Thunder and lightning
- And finally….LEARNING. Nothing has made me happier than the new and interesting things I’ve learned, learning from my mistakes and learning how to do new things. That feels good.
There you go. Next time I’m a bitch to you, go ahead and call me out on it and remind me of one of these happy things.